8 oz butter, room temp
15 oz flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
6 oz sugar
6 oz brown sugar
2 eggs, large
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 3 oz dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 375° F.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Mix on low speed until combined. Add white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Briefly mix on medium speed. Do not over beat. Scrape your bowl if needed to make sure all ingredients are combined well.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop the cookie dough onto cookie sheet, leaving about an inch of space in between.
Bake at 375F for 12-14 min. Each oven is different so I suggest checking your cookies after 10 min to make sure they don’t burn. Baking time depends on how big your cookies are. I usually use a 1.5 oz ice cream scoop, and bake for 12 min. Remember, they keep baking even after you take them out of the oven until they cool down.
Suggestions / Variations:
- Chill the scooped cookie dough before baking so the cookies don’t spread too much. Chilling will also make your cookies more chewy than cakey.
- You can store cookie dough in the freezer for up to 6 weeks. Make sure it’s wrapped properly and air tight.
- You can store already baked cookies in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
- Enjoy these cookies with ice cream. Make your own ice cream sandwiches.