14 oz granulated sugar
3 oz cocoa powder
8 oz butter, melted
8 oz flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, large
- 4 oz white chocolate chips or melting chips, melted
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Melt butter in a microwave safe container.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the white chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until combined. Then, briefly mix on medium speed. Do not over beat.
Use either a 9×13 pan or 8×8 pan. Lightly grease the pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Transfer the batter to the pan. Using a spatula, spread the batter evenly.
Bake at 375F for 20-25 min. Each oven is different so I suggest checking your brownies by inserting a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, your brownies are done. If it comes out moist with batter sticking to it, then bake for another 2-3 min. Check frequently to make sure you don’t over bake your brownies. Remember, they keep baking even after you take them out of the oven until they cool down.
Prepare the white chocolate drizzle. Using a heavy duty ziplock bag, place the white chocolate chips in the ziplock bag, and microwave for 45 sec. You can add 1/2 tsp shortening to make it less thick. Massage the chips to combine with the shortening. If needed, microwave for another 10 sec. Cut a very small hole on the bottom corner of the ziplock bag.
Drizzle the white chocolate over the cooled brownies in a zig zag pattern. Enjoy!
Suggestions / Variations:
- You can top with chopped walnuts before baking. I suggest 1-2 oz of chopped walnuts.
- You can also try using milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips. Milk chocolate will give it a more creamy taste.
- For more moist and chewy brownies, take your brownies out of the oven 1-2 minutes early. The longer you leave them in the oven, the firmer they will be.
- After your brownies cool, take them out of the pan, and wrap in plastic wrap. Let it chill in the fridge overnight. This will help make slicing easier and cleaner.
- Make it more indulgent by serving Chocolate Love Affair with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.