Hey there, sweethearts! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, let’s turn up the romance with a treat that never fails to impress – chocolate-dipped strawberries! Whether you’re planning a cozy date night or a bash with your besties, these goodies are a must. Join us on this easy-breezy journey to creating the most drool-worthy chocolate-dipped strawberries that’ll steal hearts and taste buds alike!
What You Need to Make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Chocolate Chips – Melting chocolate chips are better than a cheap bag of choco chips. Make it easy on yourself and pick up a few bags of Wilton Candy Melts. Have fun with it and choose different colors.
- Strawberries – Pick out medium to large size fresh strawberries with the stem still attached. Make sure they’re firm, not soft and soggy.
- Optional Toppings – Fun toppings like nuts, coconut, or sprinkles
- Small Ziplock Bags – Quart size ziplock bags are perfect for chocolate drizzles
What to do?
1. Pickin’ the Perfect Berries – Grab the plumpest, prettiest strawberries. Rinse ’em off gently and pat them completely dry – we’re about to turn these little guys into stars!
2. Chocolate Choices – Choose your chocolate adventure – dark, milk, white, or mix ’em up!
3. Meltin’ Magic – Time to melt that chocolate! You’ll need microwave safe bowls or cups. Follow the instructions on the bags of melting chocolate. Remember, do not over heat the chocolate. Take it slow, stir often, and watch that chocolate go silky smooth.
4. Dip and Roll – Hold each strawberry by the stem and give it a chocolatey hug. Let any extra chocolate drip off before placing your masterpiece on a parchment-covered tray.
5. Sprinkle Party (Optional) – While the chocolate is still gooey, sprinkle on the fun stuff! Nuts, coconut, or rainbow sprinkles. Go crazy and make these berries pop!
6. Drizzle Designs – Pour any left over melted chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip off a tiny hole on one corner, just enough for the chocolate to drip. Using zigzag motions, decorate your strawberries with chocolate drizzles.
7. Chill Out – Place your tray into the fridge for about 30 minutes, or just leave them in room temp until that chocolate sets. Get ready for that satisfying snap when you take your first bite!
- If you put your chocolate dipped strawberries in the fridge until they are fully set, make sure to take them out and bring them closer to room temperature before serving. No one likes to take a bite into an ice cold chocolate dipped strawberry.
- Add a little bit of vegetable oil or shortening to your melting chocolate to make it less thick.
- Make sure your strawberries are completely dry before dipping them in chocolate. Water and Chocolate do NOT mix.
- Enjoy them right away. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are best when eaten within 24 hours. You can refrigerate them for up to 48 hours. After that they start getting soggy.
That’s it! You’re now the expert on chocolate-dipped strawberries. Share these love bites with your favorite people. Whether you’re a baking pro or just having fun in the kitchen, these treats are your ticket to a Valentine’s Day that’s sweet, easy, and oh-so-delicious. So, grab those strawberries, melt that chocolate, and let the love (and flavor) flow!
Don’t forget, our Sinful Treats Marketplace has a lot of other Valentine Treats available to ship nationwide. So if you don’t feel like making these yourself, check out what other amazing treats you can get from our super talented Sellers. We ship desserts and all kinds of treats nationwide.
Happy Valentine’s Day! 🍓💖